What a crappy day!!! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

What a crappy day!!!

Some guy at dinnertime decides to turn in front of me. I cram on the brakes and slide because the roads are wet and it's raining. Well we bumped. Not too bad but bad enough that my grilles is busted, turn signal busted, corner lights, and the bumper is twisted and shoved sideways somewhat. Accidents happen. Well the SOB gets out of his car and tries to blame me for coming around the corner too fast. I had just pulled away from a red light and probably didn't make is 50 feet when it happened. He tried to accuse me!!!!!! The cop got the stories and ended up citing him because he told the cop he didn't even see me or where I came from. He was in a turn lane and I was in a thru lane. I had to report it to my insurance just in case his don't come thru but it should. What ticks me is not the fact that the truck got dinged but the fact is that he is was trying to blame me for something that was clearly his fault. The other thing is that I don't know what color of purple is on my truck. It was custom painted and clear coated so the paint will have to match or else the whole front will have to be reshot. The scallops on the truck are done so there is no edge lines that you can feel so finding someone that can do the same will be tough. What looks like relatively small damage can add up. And I'm not the type to try and take someone but an attitude can sure go south when the one at fault tries to point fingers.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2004, 03:49 PM
Tazz

Last photo:

what color code purple?

some paint supply places can read your paint andgive yoiu your code? I was told to take my 53 chevy to a paint supply place and have them read the paint and give me the codes so the repair guy can get the right paint mixed up to fix my fender. Sounds like they have a tool to read the color right off the body, I never heard of that but will try and se what they do to get the right code for me. As for the jurk, at least the cop beleaved YOU over him! You don't think he was trying to lie to get out of trouble do you? NA, me neither!!

Tazz
Old 03-01-2004, 03:53 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I say stick it to him for being a jerk, make the truck look as good as it did before the wreck. Why settle for less than before? Dan
Old 03-01-2004, 04:55 PM

Last photo:

Kev, don't sweat it bud

You've got karma on your side.

Liars when they speak the truth are not believed.
Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

What's gonna happen when 3 months later, he gets into an accident that ISN'T his fault and tries to explain it to the same officer? What goes around. . . .

MoocH
Old 03-01-2004, 05:18 PM
Are we having fun yet?

Last photo:

Glad that you are ok Kevin. Yes they have a meter or whatever they call it to read your paint color. Most good shops have it. My friend that painted the mustang said that he can match or make any color. I'm sure everything will work out for you

Norm.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:26 PM
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS

Don't be surprised if the paint doesn't match a hundred percent if it's matched with a machine.

Good luck.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:07 PM
Distracted by shiny objects

Last photo:

Wow, what a bummer, Chuck had the same thing happen to him last spring, except it was a COP that hit him and then the COP blamed him when it was the COPS fault for running a red with no siren or flashers. On top of it all, the cops in our fair city are insured by the city, which is in turn self-insured, so in order to get our deductible back we'd have to sue the city. What a kick in the teeth huh? Guess who had to swallow the blame?
Get everything you can from this guy, cuz you can be sure that he's pulled that more than once and maybe got away with it too!
Chickie.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:07 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

Sorry to hear about your ruff day Kev. A girl I know told me that over the weekend she bumped this black lady at a red light, there was no damage to either car, but the woman called the police and refused to move her car into the near by gas station parking lot. Since she had blocked traffic in one lane a real accident ended up happening when a guy wasn't paying attention rear ended someone else. After the real accident go taken car of the officer was getting the story from my friend and the woman she bumped. The woman told the officer that her neck was hurting from the impact the cop told her "don't even try any of that crap." It's amazing how many people will either try to blame you or sue you. Good luck with getting the color to match, if it doesn't match tell the insurance company you won't take the truck back until it does.

Mike
Old 03-01-2004, 11:49 PM

Last photo:

sounds like the a-hole that ran into my brother when he was driving my moms car..

Hes trying to turn it on my bro.. saying my bro hit him..

But my partents are fixing their car.. paying the deductable.. and if the guy doesnt fes up or his insurance.. then i think were gonna go to court..

Nos
Old 03-02-2004, 12:47 AM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

Thats what happens when people don't appreciate things. He was probably pissed that he had to delay his plans for a beer run.
I have a really bad temper when it comes to 'road rage' so I probably would've smacked him in the mouth before the cops got there.
Later,
WEIMER
Old 03-02-2004, 01:04 AM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Kevin!! ya should of smacked him with your robotic arm, right between the eyes,,, oooops!! I didn't see ya, jerk;;;
most GOOD paint supply houses should have a spectrograph, for reading the paint code, but be sure they read it in the sunlite, on a brite day, any clouds or overcast skys will affect the color density,, most good painters can play with color combo's and get real close, but who wants to just be close"" it wasn't close when the jerk hit you, good luck;;;;; Bill
Old 03-02-2004, 10:31 PM

Last photo:

nice.. so now your color is also hard to match.. but look at it this way.. at least your get a new paint job.. and hopefully your color can be matched..

Nos
Old 03-03-2004, 01:22 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

I went and got some estimates yesterday. One place that I know is reputable wasn't quite sure about matching the paint. Another place that does quite a few cars was sure he could match it but gave me an uneasy feeling about the paint lines....Also found the fender was buckled slightly. What surprised me was the price to fix it. I figured around a grand but the estimate was $2285. WHOA!!!!! Man they majke good money. The thing was they only added an extra few hundred for the paint.

Kevin
Old 03-03-2004, 06:16 AM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

Here's a different approach...

Its ALWAYS cheaper to go aftermarket than it is OEM. I would at least put a cowl hood and a billet grille in it. Since they are gonna have to repaint it anyways.
Later,
WEIMER
Old 03-08-2004, 10:58 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

what Weimer sed. screw stock.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.