Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What did I do with that nut??.
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 09:41 PM
Registered

Wiki Edits: 0

I do pics and with part/torque specific I put back in the part and store it. 80% of the time they are usually general sizes. I have them all seperated into slide drawer organizers. For head size specific I take notes on where they go in a text document in the autos folder. If it calls for a 10mm half inch while applying the part I examine it and see if I could use a shorter one that works. Most of the time its possible but sometimes for what I need done calls for longer. Most of everything I do is a modification to the original so head/thread size is the only thing that counts.

Something kind of related.
I read an article in an import tuner one time of a guy using titanium and magnesium bolts, nuts, screws, studs, brackets etc. etc. in his buildup. From the simple screw holding the sun visor to an electrical clip to drivetrain even on lines the couplings were all fitted with the lightest materials. If I remember right this was 10 years ago or so it was on a 240sx. I may still have the mag. I looked up sets to use and omg outrageous pricing due to the manufacturing of them so since then ive short cutted that method with using shorter and amount of attaching methods.