Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What did you drive
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

My deal was a bit different..My dad was a contractor and his attitude was if i did a mans work I got a mans pay so I worked nights and weekends for him and at times I did some field work for the local farmers as well which taught me farming was not my deal. When I got my license Dad put me on the truck so after school I drove to the lbr yard to pick up material and then made the delivery to the job site and got home in time to go to school. the maybe it was out to the yard to prefab studs and headers and other items for the guys on the job site.

My first car of my own was a 55 T-bird that I just had to have. Did not pay all that much but it really was a worn out piece. Took out the automatic and installed a 3 speed as 4 speeds had not come out yet. pipes and glass packs and welded up the 3rd member, cut a coil in the front, did not have a clue about traction bars so it wheel hopped real bad.

Dad sols that car while I was in Vietnam and I saved my flight and combat pay and ordered a new Mustang sight unseen with a 289 4speed to have when I got home and that was a great car and took me on a lot of adventures..

Sam