Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What did you drive
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 11:54 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

My ride in high school was the cheese wagon. I wasn't in high school long though. Later on I went to tech college, and the former family car was thrown my way which was a 1979 Chevy Malibu 2 door. It was two tone green, and not exactly what you'd call a great looking green either.
Anyway, it had a 305 in it that we replaced the heads on and the timing chain on when the mileage got up and that did alot to help power. I really couldn't hot rod it as at the time I was just a broke kid going to tech college.
Some years later I was still driving it, and I noticed it was running hot but the light wasn't coming on. I couldn't figure out why it kept running hot as it never had before. In time all the antifreeze was gone and it had straight water. We had a real hard 3 day freeze and it cracked the block. It was my fathers car and not mine so he gave it to my brother in law who sold it.
It wasn't until after it was gone I found out why it kept running hot, my older brother had removed the air dam from underneth the front end and used it to build a rear spoiler. I wish I knew where it was now, I'd do anything to have that car back.