Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What did you drive
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,321 Times in 1,146 Posts
LOL, I had to laugh because my dad couldn't have turned a bolt without the instructions "Lefty loosy, righty tighty". But he loved cool cars and my mom always drove a pretty nice trade in, a Riv or Impala conv for example. The one who taught me about cars was my brother. At about 12 years old he traded some fire crackers to a kid at a farm up the creek for an old single cyl motor, BIG mutha, it must have been 18 inches or more tall. It was a Wisconsin as I remember. Anyway, he ended up being one heck of a mechanic and he is the one that pulled me over to the dark side.

I painted a bedroom in his apartment for him and the pay was to drive his 64 Nova SS for a few days to school.

So there I am out with my buddies and I am going to toss her around a little on a gravel covered lot outside of town. As I am driving down this little road to it I ran over a large blanket and it wrapped around the drive shaft until it was rubbing so hard on the floor I couldn't move! I had nothing to remove it and luckly a guy came riding by on a horse and he loaned me his pocket knife. It took forever but laying under the car I shredded that blanket until it could be pulled off.

Still to this day my brother calls me up to see what I have done on my car just as a push. I can use it that is for sure.

Brian