Hot Rod Forum banner

The "What Did You Work On Today" thread

3M views 36K replies 388 participants last post by  cerial 
#1 ·
4 hour work day for me at the shop. Used the time to do a valve body swap on a '01 Jetta 1.8t auto .... I successfully installed a transbrake on the car .... that however wasn't my intention.

Its in 2 gears at once in park, all other gears (R/N/D/2/1) are forward gears.... they all seam to be first gear.

I have it torn back down most of the way. Tuesday I'll actually get the VB back out and see whats up.... but part of me wants to take it out for a test drive the way it is just for the fun of it.

Reactions: drive til its broke
#26 ·
I spent the week working during our plant shutdown between Christmas and New Years so I'll have some extra money to work on the V8 Beetle over the next couple of weekends......

I'm 2nd in charge of our Maintenance Dept. at an aluminum foundry and I got a team of our guys together and we spent the week trying to work towards getting caught up.

I did a 1000hr inspection and service on a heat treat line, replaced the electric (& slightly modified) trailer brakes on a 36" band saw, put new guide rods and guide rod bushings on 3 horizontal core machines, and caught up on the always fun paper work....

Today I have some plaster repair to do at work, then I need to get the governor adjusted on my generator, then hopefully I'll have some time to start eye-balling the floor on our V8 Beetle......

Zachb-

V8 Beetle Website:
v8beetleresource.com

Hovercraft Website:
zbcreations.com

#29 ·
I finished up my tail light retrofit on my Rambler. I finished cutting up and fitting reflectors from a pair of Subaru tail lamps and I am VERY happy with the outcome.

"Basics of Basics" on the project to come shortly. :D

Brian

Attachments

#30 ·
I made an aluminum seal plate and gasket to seal up where my fuel tank line goes thru the floor in the trunk.

I also sat down and mapped out a plan for attaching the new door panel and custom molded arm rests. I decided to cover the aluminum panels with padded vinyl in a 2 tone setting. Now I just need to make the parts and do it. Hopefully next week I'll get started on it.

#32 ·
now that the garage is kinda clean :mwink:

today I got the car back out where I could work on it.
I had to drag out all of my sheet metal, to see what I had, and where it all went.
Now I just have to get all of it welded into the car.

Well, I guess the next step is I need to make some body mounts and framework for the new floor

Attachments

#35 ·
Been trying to get my 69 Bonneville back together after being torn apart for the last 5 years,, finally got it painted and trying to remember how it goes back together,, getting old really sucks,, makes ya lazy,,, ;)

Attachments

#38 ·
Too early to get started
But yesterday I took out the 10 bolt from 67 Camaro n put a ford 9 inch in,Calvert split spring mono leafs n Calvert traction bars,had to get a conversion u joint from 1100 to 1350 so driveshaft would fit the 9 inch yoke
My garage looks like a tornado hit it!
Tools,extension cords n air hoses all over foor!
So this P.M. Im gonna try n take some pics of my cars so I can post them here,too foggy right now.