Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 03:35 PM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Well Brian.. I guess we are both Morons, (or MAROON) is there a differance? I am missing some important pieces for mine,, also ,like the window trim/ weather seal for the doors, that were taken off by the painter,, I can buy replacements ,, but have to buy the whole kit of 8 pcs,, that I only need the 4 outside pieces,, the inside pieces are on the door panels, and the old ones were in perfect condition,, thats the killer,,
Mine has been apart for nearly 6 years,, I tried to keep everything in 1 place and bundled up together,,now like I mentioned in another post,, gonna have to but a new windshield too,,,,
that buick looks like its in pretty good condition,, Calif Car???

wish my neighbor had a orange tree hanging over in my yard,, it would be void of any fruit on that side,,
It is amazing how much room a disassembled car takes up! I have a 12x12 shed that has a lot of it taken up by this car, a travel trailer with a few large pieces, a large cabinet in the garage, the rafters in the garage, it is amazing how much room it takes up, and I have TWO of these projects taken apart.
It floored me when I found the second set of inner fender rubbers, I laughed out loud. I know one thing, window "fuzzies" that I had bought two sets of, one of them was JUNK, I mean J-U-N-K JUNK and not even close to being like the old ones. I have to assume that they were miss boxed and really for a coupe or the next year model or post car or something, they SUCK and worthless. The box is marked "65 GM A body convertible" but they are NOT for this car unless they are the worse repro parts ever and I am thinking they are close enough that is exactly what they are, HORRIBLE repro parts. Anyway, being I have two pair I have this little hope in my head that I bought those first and then the others so the second set wasn't a waste. Even the second set needed some rubbing blocks taken off the original and used. But honestly, if all I had were the junk set I would have been pretty frustrated.

Sad part is, they are so bad I can't even sell them because I wouldn't want to do that to someone.

Brian[/QUOTE]

If I drive 7-800 miles down there will you help me load it,, and ,I'll be glad to take it off your hands, then you will have lots of room to work on your P/U and a place to park your scrambler,,,,

My 69 Bonneville had 38K actual miles on it when I bought it about 10 yr ago.. was in excellent condition,, was a perfect driver,, but I can't leave anything in one piece and enjoy it,, I have to tear it apart and change things,, its been painted twice since I bought it, and been driven 7500 miles, that includes 2 trips to calif,, and its now been apart for almost 6 years, Go Figure,,, is it that I would rather have my projects in pieces and spending money on them insted of driving them,,? That seems to be the story with most of the cars I have ever owned,, and there has been a bunch,