Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,219 Times in 1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Rat

If I drive 7-800 miles down there will you help me load it,, and ,I'll be glad to take it off your hands, then you will have lots of room to work on your P/U and a place to park your scrambler,,,,

My 69 Bonneville had 38K actual miles on it when I bought it about 10 yr ago.. was in excellent condition,, was a perfect driver,, but I can't leave anything in one piece and enjoy it,, I have to tear it apart and change things,, its been painted twice since I bought it, and been driven 7500 miles, that includes 2 trips to calif,, and its now been apart for almost 6 years, Go Figure,,, is it that I would rather have my projects in pieces and spending money on them insted of driving them,,? That seems to be the story with most of the cars I have ever owned,, and there has been a bunch,
I have been reading the GM manual on the top and it's demystifying it a lot for me. I did a top on a Mustang with my boss when I was a kid and it didn't seem like that big of a deal so I am going moving ahead. You can save your trip here to get it until the next time I am frustrated with it. But be waiting for the call because I get over it quick.

Brian