Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 06:06 PM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Today, I finished up modifying the 51 year old Rampside gas tank to receive the Toyota Tundra sending unit/electric fuel pump. This little project stretched out over several days since there was a lot of cleaning to do on the inside and out side of the tank. I had filled it with water after sitting open for almost a year and cut a hole in the top of the tank for two purposes. One was to fit the unit into the tank and the other was to get inside to clean it up from 30 years of sitting with some very rotten gasoline. I also had to extend the pick up tube and change the angle to get it to reach the bottom of the tank which is shaped like a stretched out Z. I also had to move the float assembly 90* so it could operate side to side vice front and back. Regardless, it is ready for epoxy primer and coating with bedliner material. As a side note, the tank was amazingly rust free and clean after getting rid of the residue.

Trees