Well, not much done, but darn it, that five minutes.
I went looking for the gasket material for the park lamp lenses but wasn't happy with anything available. The only one I found that was thick enough was made of real large chunks and it would break if cut as narrow as this gasket needs to be.
They had a rubber floor runner or something by the foot that would have been perfect darn it, but it had ribs on the top.
Anyway, I decided to try what I had used for my clutch and brake pedal seals on the floorboard, pipe insulation.
It worked perfect, it's too thick but compresses nice so it should work. The hard part is getting it to unroll and flatten out! I have it under some books on the dining table right now.