Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 03:08 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
I don't know how you guys do it, man that is rough. I don't see rust like that on a fifty year old car, no kidding. Don't get me wrong, cars rust but it just isn't the same. My Windstar was from back east and you could see a BIG difference, it was not as old when I bought it as this Caravan I just replaced it with and the Caravan doesn't have a spec of rust on it.

Brian
Brian, after every snow flurry that leaves a coating on the roads, the highway department comes along and dumps the crunchy output of some salt mine - and the roads are white until it either rains or the next snow dump. That means the cars are white as well - regardless of the paint color. It IS a challenge. My 6 year old truck will be junk in another couple years without continued work - and at the price of even a 1 or 2 year old pre owned, repairs will continue until they can't be done any longer.

What's even worse, that salt is embedded in the road surface and every time it rains, more brine 24/7/365
Dave W