Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 11:52 AM

Last journal entry: Finally some floor!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantessr
Hee Hee Hee. I figured that you knew better. BTW. Make sure that you mount that A/C compressor so that it gets plenty of belt contact. It takes a lot of power to turn those things. I have a MACS card, so I can tell you that. Mobile Air Conditioning Service trained and certified.
EXCELLENT! Guess who gets my questions when I get started . I'm old school (You don't run AC on a hotrod, but my better half says that's the only way she's going in the summer so...........). I've actually read quite a bit of stuff on doing the AC and even attended the Vintage Air class at the Indpls Good Guys this past year. I think I know what to put where, it's just the terminology gets in the way. I noticed the AC compressor has two belt grooves. I don't have to use both of them do I? It looks like the belt will have contact with at least 2/3 of the pulley, and it will be the only thing on it other than wp & crank. Thanks in advance, I know I'm going to have some basic level type questions but I will start a thread in AC or where ever it should be.