Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 09:14 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts37chev
^^^^^^^^^ thats kinda funny, because when going to the dentist, I often compare it to polishing/repairing aluminum

yesterday, on our first real nice day of spring, I did a ton of yard work, and there is a bunch more to do

when my son got back from a dump run with my 97 f250 all I could smell was brakes
looks like the RF brake is stuck on, judging from the smoke coming off of it
took the tire off, and couldnt see what was wrong

I will tear it apart today
Being a Ford, look at rusty caliper guide pins - a too well known situation. You can try a clean up, but you should really replace them along with their boots - the new boots are made of better stuff. A good silicone BRAKE grease should be applied to the pins on reassembly.

NOW, what did I do yesterday - tile work in a bathroom I'm redoing. This has to be one of the slowest jobs I have ever done on the house. Everything just takes 2X as long as straight forward carpentry work. The tiles are 5/16" thick Italian porcelain and are harder then steel. I tried my 4-1/2 grinder with a brand new Norton 60 grit disc to true up a corner - it barely touched it and threw major sparks. The ones I had to cut last week - cleaned the diamond grit off the blade of my little low end wet saw so ended up with the tile store's monster 12" pro wet saw - and that one even groaned. Waiting on a new blade for mine so I can do the backsplash.

The car - waitin' and rarin' to go if it ever gets warm enough again. A roadster in 30-40 degree weather, even with a heater could be a lot more fun at 50-70 degrees

Last edited by Irelands child; 04-08-2012 at 09:23 AM.