Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,326 Times in 1,150 Posts
One of the things I did as a bodyman a number of years ago was to force myself to use both hands as equally as to take some stress off my right hand and arm.
Being I boxed when younger, and play guitar, I am pretty ambidextrous so it came pretty easy to me. But you still have to FORCE yourself to use that non dominant hand it just doesn't want to do things like the dominant one. But I worked and worked at it and soon found that I could use my left hand, while certainly not as good, it got better and better at being a quasi dominant.

I feel this has done a lot in keeping my hands in reasonably good shape. My right wrist will still get awfully weak and sore if I do something like a door skin which requires a lot of hammer and dolly work. But I am grateful for how they are holding up.

Good luck with your surgery. I have to tell you my late father complained about EVERYTHING. He regretted EVERYTHING he ever did and this of course includes EVERYTHING that ever happen to his body and EVERYTHING a doctor ever did to him. I say EVERYTHING, but there was one, ONE thing that he never complained about and you would never have known it ever happened if you didn't witness it back years ago, his carpel
tunnel surgery! He had both sides done and we never heard about it again, so if it worked so well for him, you will very happy with the outcome.

Brian