Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 09:19 AM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I've been trying to jog down notes since Monday night, just so I can remember the various stories Ed related to us. A lot to take in in just 5 hrs., and I don't want to forget any of it!
One interesting tidbit was the story of the Duntov 30-30 cam that I always assumed was a Duntov design for the Corvette. Ed said he was asking Ed Winfield how the heck Duntov had ever come up with such a great cam profile, and Winfield replied that Duntov didn't. It was actually Winfield who was contracted to design the 30-30 cam profile. Isky said as soon as Winfield confirmed it was his he knew it made sense, as it had all the markings of a Winfield designed cam.
He also related how Keith Black had been intimately involved with Mopar to design the reintroduced 426 Hemi for Mopar, and how the engineers at Chrysler had come up with the original hemi design by tearing apart a brand new Oldsmobile V8, and a pair of Ardun heads for a flathead!