Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,279 Times in 1,120 Posts
LOL. I have crap for a blaster! You will laugh but it is a little hand held unit that is about fifty years old. I have a big siphon one but it is buried at the back of the shed and I figured I would get this done faster than digging it out. But I don't know if it would help all that much. As I remember I didn't have enough CFM with my compressor at home and it didn't work very well. But what I was using works great for the small stuff and I get it done pretty fast so I just went ahead and did these things with it figuring they aren't that big, not like doing a frame or something and figured handling them the way you need to the small one would be fine. Probably should have re-thought that. I did get a chunk of fuel hose and stick it over the inlet tube and put the hose in the bag of sand after I had refilled the little quart cup about ten times.

As for where I do it, sitting out in the middle of the lawn with a yard umbrella over me. I figure the lawn can use the sand, it ain't going to hurt it (I hope someone doesn't tell me it will, I am not green thumb).

Brian