Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 08:09 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,192 Times in 1,051 Posts
DBM, where are those progress picks on your Coupe? Come on now, 5 minutes a day is all it takes.

Last night I ran out to the garage for about 15 minutes and got a biggie done, I got one side of the top irons back in the car! I had been rolling over in my head how I could do this, should I put the whole thing together (don't really have the room inside) then get help to put it on the car? This would mean I would have to wait until the weekend to get it together out in the driveway. Didn't want that, can I put one side up without it falling and scratching my paint? X 50 !!!! Nope, I can't let that happen. Then it hit me yesterday when I should have been thinking about work, at work. I could put a piece of small wood across the top of the windows to rest the piece on! I had the wood, cut a couple of pieces a foot or so long and taped it to the windows so they wouldn't move. Then finished the last piece on the side rail and put it on! WHAM, I got a convertible top piece back on the car! WHOOO HOOO!!!

Brian

Brian