Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,085 Times in 968 Posts
Oh my God what a day! Up at six to be at Steve's house at 7:00. Pushed him around the Goodguys for five hours, then to my wife's friends house for a reunion of her elementary school friends (Catholic school) then to a birthday party for a nephew. Last night didn't get home until 10:30 from a birthday party 30 miles away for one of my boss's. Whew, I am ready for bed.

But I have to tell you getting there early really paid off, we got PRIMO parking.

But DAMN I had a good time today with Steve. He was so friggin jazzed, he was blown away riding in the Rambler. And you know what, there is no friggin way he could have gotten in that car without that grab handle! I don't think so at least, holy crap that man has it hard. It was VERY difficult getting him in that car! VERY difficult. But he was so thrilled, it made up for it. And the guy from the Goodguys came out and shot photos of him and is going to put him in the Gazette for sure! Super nice guy, and after we parted I was talking to Steve about him and he says "Yeah I know who he is because I read his column in the Gazette"! Steve REALLY is a what personifies what a Goodguy IS. He lives and breathes these cars shows!

Anyway, we had such a good time, it was one of the best Goodguys events ever for me personally because Steve told me it was for him.

Brian