Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I think you have exactly what you want. You may have to purchase different length staples before you are done but time will tell. On my old roadster I had to go through 5 layers of topping at one point. Top well, Window curtain, 2 thicknesses of top, hiddum strip. That thickness really adds up fast. I don't think the modern tops will have all those layers since there is no hiddum and you are going to put your top well on last. Your pads may be pretty thick though. There are people on here who can steer you right. I know just enough to be dangerous and definitely not enough to be telling someone else how to do it. I did take my top off and reinstall it very successfully so I am sure you can do it. I really am interested to know how you staple the top where it needs to be on that floating tack strip with it out of the car. I know it is done every day but it seems like it would be impossible.

John L