Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 04:35 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
I know one thing, honestly, the wrecking yards are FULL of stuff guys could be using instead of going to the rod catalogs! And I know those latches are MILES better than the poorly designed ones I am going to use on my truck NOS or not, the ones you are using are a thousand times better. I applaud you for using those parts and MAKING it work with your skills instead of buying some off the shelf part. As far as all the conveniences, we all have our own expectations and I can surely see why you want them especially when you can save money doing it. I personally like the old ways in these old cars because I work with late model cars with miles of wires and switches and computers, etc. I love the old stuff that are simple, because I am simple. But I sure can see the draw, especially when the wrecking yards are full of the stuff just waiting to grab.

Brian
If I was working on a 57 chevy things would be different but with this car the skys the limit. Some cars you just cant hack up ,This aint one of them...Sure,It looks like a car now,but it had both feet in the grave and 3' of dirt covering it up ,deader than a door nail when I got it.....