Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 10:32 AM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Don't sweat it, it's good conversation. Find out some history on the two (if you don't know it, you probably do) and some differences in how they look and educate the person. If we just say "No you are wrong" they walk away thinking they are right. If you say "The Thames and the Anglia were made in the same factory along with the Perfect, they are very similar but xxx and yyy is different". Maybe just maybe they would walk away educated instead of trying to educate. You could put THAMES on the side and NOT AN ANGLIA in foot high letters and there are still people who wouldn't get it.

Brian
Uhh....not sure I want to put "Thames" or "Prefect" on my Austin either! If it was a case of a Thames or a Prefect being called an Anglia I'd understand, but an Austin was a completely different company, and around long before Ford ever thought of making Anglias in England. Austin started in 1903, and I'm pretty sure the english Fords just copied what they saw Austin building from the looks of both designs.