Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 08:01 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,118 Times in 994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
I was there 30 years ago they were there then but with less trees and brush the man that owns em is an ex racer called "Dirty Dick" Coon. He raced from the late 40s to the mid 70s hes in a wheel chair now in poor health has been for quite a while that's why the property is so run down and overgrown! hes still a rodder and racer at heart but is pushed around now in a wheel chair by his little wife and driven to hospitals. By the graces of god I hope it doesn't happen to any of us !!!! Its a blast to walk through all those cars and trucks and to talk to him his eyes lite up when you talk about the old drag days!!! His old race cars are in those woods, nail heads, 389 & 421 Pontiac's, 425 olds, 455 Buick's,and a couple of 409s all gm no Fords no Chryslers (except for a few trucks)Its like a General motors cemetery out there!!!!

Jester
That must have been wild walking thru there. I assume those cars are pretty much rusted out hulks now not worth rebuilding? Or do they look savable?

Brian