Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 09:31 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,219 Times in 1,075 Posts
You know John, in my business of body and paint, I know if I leave anything, any flaw, it's because I want to. I can make a panel perfect, detailing every single tiny line or edge to perfection. I can prime and surface every single square MM to perfection and paint and clear the same why blocking out and buffing every spec of texture even in a door jamb if I wish, so not being able to make this top perfect was frustrating. I feel like a bad *** for being able to do it at all and at the very same time feel defeated because it isn't perfect.

But I am so happy it's "done" (I still have some details like the wire-on and such) I am humbled by the guy who ever it was that did the Dodge Dart at the show I went to Saturday. It looked like a friggin vinyl top! There wasn't a spec of a wrinkle, I am talking ZERO, NOTHING, it was smooth like painted steel! I bow at his feet who ever it was that did that top!

If nothing else I have an even great respect for upholsters than I did before.

Brian