Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 11:56 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: $2500.oo Trans AM is home at last
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The other day my wife and I went to a few junk yards looking for a fuel cell and a posi unit so we spent a long time pulling off rear end covers and walking!!!!! Finally we found an Eaton limited slip posi unit in a rear end housing from a 79 Camaro My wife asked how much if I pulled it out, and they said $200 for the entire unit drum to drum we jumped on it!!! And they had a fuel cell out of the same Camaro a 16 gallon R.C.I. with all fittings and sending unit for 40 bucks it looked like new. I loaded the truck with what we bought and I felt a little ting in my back but had no real pain. drove home and unloaded the truck and again had a little odd feeling in my back but still no pain! So I started tearing down the rear housing and cleaned all the dope off all the internals.

The ring and pinion are "Richmond #80- 0434-1 m>< 2 5620" with a spacer plate between the ring gear and posi unit, looked in all my books and the internet and cant find that Richmond # any where ?? Went back out to the garage pulled the drums and saw all the brakes and hardware are new! but I'm stooping over and standing up a lot ( the rear ends on jack stands) now my backs starting to bother me a little

I closed up the garage went in the house and took a couple of aspirin!!! I knew what was to come!!!!!!! I haven't been on here much this summer, to much going on more interesting in the hotrod culture outdoors! But the next morning I couldn't get out of bed without my wife's help!!!!! And now Im having a hard time moving at all !!! At 66 years old I dont spring back like I used to!!!!!LOL So im setting here at the computer with a heating pad on my back telling you guys what Im doing today!! Right now Ive got to drain a kidney but don't want to get up because my back isn't hurting much right now and I know if I get up its going to hurt LOL

This week end is the biggest swap meet in Michigan (The Michigan antique & collectable festival ) in midland!!! I never miss it so my back has to be better by this week end !!!!!!

I think I'll crawl to the bath room now!!!

Chris