Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 11:49 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: 360 mopar
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Thanks so much, the car means a lot to me but way more to my kids.

Funny story, I may have told this before so bare with this old man. But when I was first dating my wife we were in Half Moon bay at the beach and as I left and pulled out onto Hwy 1 I nailed it to get up into traffic and it went sideways a little. She hadn't ever been around hot rods or anything like it and her hands went out to the door and dash and said "Don't do that". I said I'm sorry and we went on with the day. While out at dinner I said to her "Just so you know when the car went sideways back there I was in complete control, I have been driving hot rods and studied it even, that was nothing to be worried about but I won't do it while you are in the car ever again".
She was fine with this and it wasn't long after before she would be sitting in the passenger seat with my two kids in the back seat, top down spinning donuts with their hands in the air squealing like they were on a roller coaster.

Brian
Ah! Youth, I miss it LOL!! My wife didnt grab anything she just punched me in the shoulder a few times!! LOL

Its a realy nice car Brian: Chris