Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 11:10 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: $2500.oo Trans AM is home at last
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Went and checked out a 77 Camaro today, Its all in primer, has a new L88 fiberglass hood on it with hinges and latch, new fenders installed but no inner fenders with wheel well headers, new quarters installed but not finished out, 3" x 15 ansen sprints on the front and 10" x 15on the rear new Micky Thompsons on the rear, fronts (nothing special), new dash pad,slapper bars, interior is diamond pleted crushed velvet looks good just a small cut on the corner of the back seat, console is nice but I never saw one like it, blue print on the 327" 2 bolt main engine is" bored over .125" pistons are forged 14 to 1 Jahns Fly cut .085" steal crank, pink flooting pin rods rods, girdled mains, fully balanced assembly, Hastings racing file fit cast rings, heads are different then the print states, 5.13 to 1 posi and gears 12 bolt. I offered 1400 dollars and he took a deposit and will except payments. I was really suprised!!! My jaw was on the ground I tried to hold it in and keep from giving away my surprise! I asked what trans was in it and he said a 200 out of an 80s Buick I told him I didn't want it and he asked if he could have it if he knocked another 100 off and I agreed. I looked at the frame before signing the agreement and it was nice gusseted and connected in all the right spots! The bumpers are like new! and it has adjustable coil overs! put in a battery and it runs great the cam has been changed to a 292 h Comp the old cam was a custom solid lifter 312 duration 680 lift ground by General Connetics.

The wife and I were smiling all the way home, The guy is a great person to know, hes an auto shop teacher, and is into antique snow mobiles! He also has a T-bucket rod, a 55 Chevy, 3 other Camaros, a 58 chevy pick up hes working on for his wife, and acres of parts we talk for hours! So I had a great day and have another project and met a new friend! So now I have 3 going at once. The 77 vette, the 79 Z 28, and now the 77!!! LOL I wish it was TV Where their done in a week LOL it takes me a week to loosen and remove frozen bolts and broken bolts!!!!!!

Jester
The Following User Says Thank You to painted jester For This Useful Post:
John long (10-16-2012)