Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 10:46 PM

Last journal entry: Long time no journal entry, pulled hood tonight.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Didn't really work on my car much directly. Read about shop presses and stuff on homemade tools until the wee hours of the morning. Slept in. Helped put up Christmas decorations. Set up the tree. Did some shopping. A local store has the big sasquatch sticks two for a dollar. And I found a Craftsman "5hp" 25 gallon tank compressor for 129 at a local pawn shop so i put it on layaway. I know it is not a true 5 hp, but it is better than the compressor I have since I don't have one. I think it said it did draw 15 amps. Also said it did 7 cfm at 90psi. Don't really know, but like I said it will be an improvement.

Yesterday all I did was knock one exhaust hanger off of the old exhaust pipe so I can reuse it. Well I did also locate a hole in the frame I can use for the rearmost hanger. Three hangers should be enough for it since I am going to exit it right in front of the rear tire. One up near the collector, one sort of in the middle, and one just to the rear of the muffler and ahead of the turndown. Got it figured out, but going to wait on welding it together until my new auto darkening helmet comes in. I'll probably have 3 clamps in the system. One at the front because that is how the front hanger is set up and I don't want to weld under the car. The other 2 will be be on either side of the muffler. After I get all that done I want to work on the brakes, replace all the soft lines, check/rebuild all the wheel cylinders and replace the shoes. Then I can drop it off the jackstands and pull it out into the driveway and organize the garage. Plus I would rather have it outside to flush the radiator and maybe take a look at the smoke situation. So my next month or so is full just on the caddy. Also have to get that shop press made so I can replace the wheel bearings in my daily driver.