Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 08:07 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpoet View Post
Bought a rack to make a place to stow my safety gear for the garage. I will need to modify it a little, but it will be easier than the project I was going to do. I was going to cut up some old mower handles to make a rack to hold my new(not purchased yet) fire extinguisher, first aid kit, safety goggles, etc. I call it a safety rack. The old vhs display rack was only 10 dollars at the pawn shop that I am getting the compressor at.

Also paid on my compressor layaway. Bought some welding "vice grips" on clearance at tractor supply. Also got a couple of cutting discs for my 4 and a half inch angle grinder. Going to get to work on building my new shop press tomorrow. I looked at jacks at tractor supply. Still not sure which way I want to go. Either local or go up to harbor freight. And not sure what tonnage. I have a 4 ton jack, but want at least 6 tons. Trying to decide if I want to go to 20 tons or just say 6 to 12 tons. For what I need I don't know if I need to go hog wild. Mainly just want to push some bearings out right now.
I bought a couple of their 20 ton jacks a few years ago they have an air pump thats real handy I think they were around 50.00 ,you'll never want to use another hand pump jack again.while your at it figure on making it a press brake for bending brackets out of thick steel...