Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 04:41 PM

Last journal entry: Got it running
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427 View Post
I was going to make a bearing press, but then HF had free standing 12 ton presses on sale for $99 back then. I decided for the little press work I do it would be great. I've had it for probably 7-8 years now, and use it once in awhile, and it does a good job for me. Glad I didn't build one, as I'd probably have spent more, plus had too much time in it.
The same 12 ton is on sale now at HF for $129. Hardly worth building one yourself, unless you just want a project. The steel might cost that much.
Already have the steel. And I picked up a couple of older jacks that need a little work for 20 bucks yesterday. Might need a few odds and ends, but I will be in it probably less than fifty bucks out of pocket when I am done. If I only wanted a 4 ton press I could have gone with the jack I had and maybe spend 20 total, but these new jacks are at least 12 tons. Need to go clean the jacks and start working on them.