Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 09:24 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,076 Times in 959 Posts
Well back to my five minutes last night! I have been working hard and have a back problem that has kicked my but at night and sleep has been the craps so I just want to lie on the couch when I get home. But last night my little girl got me out to the garage to cut a piece of wood for a class project and I took one look at the Gran Sport and said "Here's my five minutes" and went at it expecting to just pull a bunch of screws out of the dash to get the speedometer swap started..........you know how that goes. I got it all apart and the replacement speedo in there.

One thing that I also had to repair was the blinker indicator on the dash wasn't working on one side. So I steel wooled the circuit board thingie they use on the back of the instrument cluster to insure good contact and it worked too! I haven't got the dash pad all back in so I didn't take it for a test drive but this speedo seems awfully good. It's funny, my brother told me what was wrong with my speedo and showed me about checking the play in the input shaft. He worked at a speedo rebuild for a few months when he was just a kid 30 years ago and retained quite a bit!

Anyway, while it's apart I am going to see about replacing the AM radio speaker (I love listening to the ball games on the original AM radio in the Rambler) being I glued some tears in it and it sounds like CRAP.

Brian