Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,074 Times in 958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Good luck with which ever way you go. Riding definitely gets in your blood.

John L
I only rode for about a year of my life (street bikes) and I sure enjoyed it. I had an old Yamaha (one of those Triumph looking ones) that I picked up cheap and rode it around town a little then one day my buddy says he is heading off to the Reno Air races 400 miles away and if I wanted to go. So after having it only a few weeks and only about a mile of experience on the freeway we took off at 7:30 at night for Reno, got there about 1 am. What an amazing treasure that trip was. On the way back we were riding past Lake Tahoe in the redwoods and I could smell them and I remember thinking to myself "This is why people ride motorcycles". Yep, it really is fun. The next day after getting home I went out and bought a Kawasaki GPZ550. My whole thing with the safety though, that is where I had a problem. When I first met my wife we took a short trip and I couldn't do it again, I sold the bike at that point. I remember thinking I never want to see her hurt or her get a call that I had been. I just kinda freaked out I guess and sold it.

Brian