Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 08:54 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,160 Times in 1,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacustoms View Post
I know what you mean Brian. I have my shop, my brother has his, and my dad has his lol. We all work with each other on a regular basis. Dad does mostly wreck rebuilds and insurance work, My brother does a little bit of everything from paint and body to mechanical, and I mainly do older cars and custom work. We make a pretty good team, dad says "we work on everything but boats, and will trade for anything but goats"

Kelly
When I had my shop, LOL, when work came in the door I did it. That is the down side to not being good at business. I would have a restoration project or two in the shop and still NEED money, and do anything for it, like painting lawn furniture, or how about a number of hundred feet of "wire mould" an exposed wiring cover for construction. No kidding, many hundreds of feet of it! I could go into a local shopping mall and point out the wire mould I had painted! How about shelves in a store LOL, that one has a funny story. I painted them with acry enamel and the next day they came and picked them up. This was about 10 free standing shelves in a collectable shop (Lladro figurines and crap like that). They put them in the store and they were not fully flashed off! The poor ladies in this store got sick, they had to leave the doors all open to air it out, it was NOT good.

Yep, my brother and I made a good team, I sure miss working with him.

Brian