Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,349 Times in 1,093 Posts
Well, I started on the doors today. One of the advantages to doing this as a hobby is time is not an issue. I hand blocked the door dry with 180 grit on a long board. I have removed the color and the dplf sealer in all but a couple of places. It surprises me that I have not hit metal except where the blisters were. I am going to finish feathering it at the belt line and see how easy it is to peel the paint off along the belt line where it blistered. Then I am going to strip it to bare metal the full length of the belt line area it the rest of it has good adhesion. A shop could not do it this way but my time is free and if I should get lucky this thing will block out better than it was. After 4 years all shrinkage is done and it will have less material than it did before I started. Wish me luck.

John L

The yellow is a 2k primer I forgot I had used. The gray is PPG K36. I have just barely touched filler in a place or two.