Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 08:55 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,119 Times in 995 Posts
Well, long day but I had to get out there for a few minutes and cut the legs off a chair I brought home from the shop. Why on earth you ask? I need to make a transfer seat for my buddy who is confined to a wheel chair so he can get into my Gran Sport. If you didn't know I did this for him to get into the Rambler it worked but was quite crude. I was looking around at work today for some nice mandrel bent tubing or something that I could up to make this thing when I came across this chair! OMG this is going to work so good! I needed the back on it and was going to make it all from scratch, this is going to work SO GOOD! I am going to make it adjustable so it will move back or forward and up and down so I can "tune it in". He has very seriously limited muscle control and being able to move it a half inch could mean all the world.

The tubes you see on the floor are the legs I cut off and I was just under the car looking at how to do it and left them there.

I am really jazzed to get him in his car for the Goodguys. He is going to crap his pants riding in a convertible muscle car!

Brian