Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,332 Times in 1,154 Posts
Yep, sometimes it is so hard to let them go.

Today I went out to work on the Gran Sport but to first take a look around the Rambler, check the oil all that good stuff. But of course you know that turns into more every time.

First off I figured I would adjust the brakes. Marge doesn't have self adjusting brakes believe it or not. So After driving her every day for a year and a half I figured I should take a look at that. Everything looked good, just tightened the them up a little bit is all she needed.

While I was there I went ahead and vacuumed out the cooling system again thinking maybe there is some air caught in there and that is why she overheats when I turn on the heater. I am pretty sure I opened the heater control valve the last time I did this but I went ahead and did it again and vacuumed it out and it took quite a bit of coolent so maybe there was an air pocket!

While doing the brakes and greasing the suspension I ran into the fact that the idler arm is SHOT. Ok, I had a rebuild kit that I bought a long time ago and figured I would install it, sorry, wrong one, Grrrrrr. Ok, so my brother had a couple of bushings that from the measurements sound like they will work and his wife was up at his house in Grassvalley and will be home tonight with them. But I went ahead and put the worn out one back in so I can get to work tomorrow. I have a spare idler so I will rebuild that one and just swap them.

Anyway, I will be back on the Gran Sport tomorrow.

Brian