Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 09:45 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

getting a gallon of 3m platinum filler with my Mustang decklid in my trunk and am heading to work. I recall when I got hired at the place I work at now my body work was already sharp but like a lot of other techs out there those stinkin hoods and decklids always required more time and were troublesome. I have learned so much in just a year and have made it a point to overcome that issue. Now I can take a decklid/hood and have it show ready in two primer applications with none of the common ripples you see in them Thing is, I did the metal and mud work on the hood and decklid of my Mustang before I learned all this and unfortunately what I learned is that this new approach has to start from scratch....uuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggghhhh. So I will have to strip it and deal with MY OWN mistakes re work the metal. I have a feeling the decklid is beyond saving but will give it a quick shot. I know there's a decklid on CL for $35 so I'll go get that and bring it back to work. The greatest part about it will be that I got my foot in the door to do work at the shop and my decklid, filler, sand paper, and primer will be at the shop, which means I'm barging thru! My boss is cool for that. He even offered materials but I'm not the type to take him up on it. He even lined up side work for me to do in his own shop! That's pretty cool of him.