Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 03:42 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

so I get the hood to work and want to make sure before stripping it so I got out my mud hog and went to town on it. I then realized a skim coat of filler will do. At that point I already had a gallon of Upol gold bondo cause it was $15 less than 3M filler...what a nightmare. I topcoated it with my bondo and it was horrible. I knew it would need a top coat of good filler after so I hogged it and blocked it down and by that time my boss was there and told me to use the good stuff so I got to top coat it with the 3M. As it was curing I felt confident it was ready for prime so went home and got my primer. Amazingly, a year old gallon of primer needed hardly any mixing thanks to the fact that when it was brand new sitting in my office I'd turn it upside/right side up every month or so. So I'm pretty excited it's finally how I want it. It wasn't the metal work at all, it was the fact that I get discouraged to do work in my own garage. I don't really want to bring that crap into my house with my baby coupled with the fact I can't run an air hog on my small compressor and cheap filler that sands like crap. Seems like once I put it down on a stand in the SHOP the beast came out and tore that thing up. So now the decklid stays there and sometime next week I'll stay after work and block it and re-prime. Then I'll take it home for final sanding and bring in the hood and/or some small parts to paint.

Great start of the day. Now it's time to play basketball!