Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 04:59 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

My fenderwell headers finally came in, and I got them mounted to my homemade mockup engine today. Afraid they are too close to the tires with the engine against the firewall. These are Tri 5 BBC headers, and the Falcon needs more room, so I got out the sawzall and chopped the firewall out.
After setting the engine back 2.5" into the firewall I have plenty of clearance, and it will also help up front with radiator clearance for the 454 Chevy.

The fenderwell headers do have a strange issue. The pass. side is wider than the driver's side by 1.5"!! Plenty of fender clearance on the driver's side, but very close to the pass. side lower fender drop around the collector. I'll have to trim the return on the wheelwell opening to make sure it doesn't hit.

After clearing the mockup out, I struck up the welder and finished fabricating the suspension mounts. Next step is to actually hang the 454 in and make sure I have clearance for maintenance, and repairs without having to pull the engine.