Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I am still not convinced that the accelerator pump is working properly even though I have had it all apart and everything looks fine. This carb's pump doesn't squirt fuel into the intake like every other carb I have ever seen. When you move the linkage on every other carb I know of while looking down into the carb you can see a very distinct SQUIRT of fuel going into the center of the bore. This one the fuel "oozes" out of that little tube you see in the center of the Venturi. That little tube coming up at an angle? It just "oozes" out of it. So I'm not sure that it is working properly. But I have blown out all the passages, I have inspected it to minds end, I see nothing wrong. But then again, I know nothing. I am just looking at it with the common sense God gave me (how much is anyones guess) and looking at the assembly manual (damn these things are nice to have!) with very good drawings and explanations of the the different circuits it all seems proper without actually seeing another carb and how it's accelerator pump would function.

Brian
The stumble sounds like idle transfer slot may be partialy plugged is fairly common with this gas we have to run now ,it will be white powdery kind of like soda ,Carfully take a strand of wire out of a stranded wire an clean it ,,DO NOT enlarge size of the slot ,, on the accelerator pump check the squirter transfer tube discharge bolsters or what yours are called in your kit, work,i use my torch cleaner wires or drill bits to clean these,also might want to check the cam arm spring adjustment on the accelerator pump arm it skould just touck at rest position <But move as soon as linkage is moved. hope this might help.

Last edited by 496CHEVY3100; 04-08-2013 at 09:19 AM.