Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 05:22 PM

Last journal entry: bump stops
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I spent part of the weekend working on the interior of my coupe. Ordered some Alpine 3 way speakers from Amazon. My kids gave me a $50 gift certificate so I found a pair of speakers 6x9 sps-619. All i paid for was the shipping, love Amazon. Fabricated the panels from 1/4 Lauan and some pieces of 2x4. Since my car is all wood inside I fitted the wood with the help of cardboard templates for the curves glued the parts to the plywood and sanded and painted. T
Then I cut out the speaker holes inset 10-24 t-nuts to screw the speakers to the wood. covered the wood with 1/4" foam then the fabric. cut out the openings again and fitted the whole panel inplace with some finish washers and chrome screws. I had the speakers wires already run under the floor in back of the seat when I put the wire harness in. Now all I need is a radio.
Nice to see people who can do sheet metal work. I'm hoping to take a class in bodywork and welding at local tech school at night.