Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 03:47 PM
A few muscle cars & a Corvair

Last journal entry: continued
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Been working on the seats and mounts in the '38. This is what it had when I got it. '83 Camaro seats and mounts. The mounts are different heights from driver to passenger and the PO put square tube "risers" under them to to get them high enough and even.

I replaced the foam and upholstery on the seats last fall and removed the fabric he had as "carpet". I then painted the base he made to blend with the carpet.

I then looked for different mounts to eliminate the risers and got a pair from an '87 Celebrity. They are much taller than the Camaro mounts so I had to back track and cut the base up and only use the low bar on the front. The outside rear bolt holes line right up with the frame so I can't get a bolt or nut in there. I welded a bolt to the pan to hold that position. I had to use a spacer between the mount and seat base to make up for the pan being lower on the outside too.

The mounts were rather rusty at the feet, so I ran them thru the blast cabinet and then coated them with Eastwood Rust Preventer. Next step is to paint them Gray.