Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 09:49 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427 View Post
That's correct, it's to keep the outlets covered in gas all the time while accelerating. Anytime you get hit in the rear you've got trouble, regardless of the outlet position. I think most impacts will fracture a fuel cell if it's not protected by your bumper or frame.
I've got my outlets at the rear, and my fuel filter and pump below the tank also. I see a lot of street rods with a similar setup.
I will not be running a rear bumper roll pan only, but I will have a reece hitch behind rollpan with a license plate that folds down to slide in reciver hitch.i have ben looking at tilt front end parts since my other truck a 50 Chevy will have Tilt ,you might want to look at a GMC brigadere truck they have tilt front ends with a chain run thru a spring with adjustable lengths ,so when you tilt it forward it doesn't hit solid it has a cushion to prevent cracks in fiberglass front end on truck ,I know yours is steel but it might be worth a look,