Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 05:31 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Picked up my newly built driveline today, and slid it in. Perfect fit! (as it should be!) Then we headed to the wrecking yard to get the cables, and found a pair of nice ones on a little Ranger truck. I also saw a Taurus SHO with a nice leather backseat that folds down in two sections, so grabbed that to replace the shabby and tattered Falcon backseat. At least I'll only have to get the buckets recovered, and not front and back seats!
Got back home and had my friend Mike help me lift the frontend back on the car again. We tied it with old scrap wiring at the place I wanted it to stop, and then I fabbed up a pair of straps to clamp the tube brace. Used a bumper hole in the frame for the other end, and bolted the cables in place. Once I cut the temp wiring it sits great!

The straps that connect the cable to the tube can be adjusted by loosening the throughbolt and sliding the strap up or down to vary how far the frontend opens when the cable stops it.