Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 07:16 PM
A few muscle cars & a Corvair

Last journal entry: continued
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Got back on the seat mounting in the '38 today. The PO had bolts running all the way thru the base bar with nuts on the bottom that were hard to get at. I pulled them out for enough threads to bolt the seats on and welded them to the bar. Then I cut off the excess bolt.

Once I had the right seat bolted to the bar, the outside leg was hanging in the air again, like the left seat. On the left side, I welded a bolt to the floor pan and made spacers to fill the gap. As I looked at the right side, It dawned on me to use the original seat bolt hole and make a plate and nut arrangement to hold the seat.

I still need to drill a hole for the inside bolt but it is good for now.

I then swapped the '38 with my '67 Camaro in the shop. The heater core has been bad for 3 years in the Camaro and it seems the only way I'm going to drive it this year is with heat. Only took an hour and I had it on the table. I have a new one coming from Classic Muscle in NC. I ordered it first thing this morning and am hoping it will get here Friday. I want to drive the car to a club tour Saturday and it will be in the low thirties in the morning with a high of only 42. I'm not driving a car in that temp with no heat.