I banged out the yard work quickly, considering the back grass was getting pretty long! Then I ran out to my buddy's place to get the steering arm, and he had welded the tabs on backwards. So we cut them off again and welded them back on. His big old Miller 210 really penetrates this thick metal!
Got home and made up the spacers to locate the arm around the kingpin area, and the UPS guy showed up with my last DD to spline union! So I bolted up the steering arm, and cut my drag link to length, and welded the other bung on. Then I made up the last section of DD shaft and put the joint on it. The steering is finished!
Plenty of clearance on the front of the pan, and the .120 wall tube is massive looking! Shouldn't have any flex at all in this 40" long drag link! It's darn near dead level too, so no bump steer problems!