Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 07:48 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
This was really strange. The port I now have plugged does not go through to the bottom of the ventures as best as I can tell. I drilled and tapped a fitting to the intake plenum. One of my buddies has a timing light that is programable to tell you how many degrees you are advanced without having to calibrate the harmonic balancer.

I am going to take the weights off the distributor so it will go full advanced at idle and set it for 20 degrees. Then I can put the weights back on and see where it ends up at idle without vacuum. Thirdly I want check it with vacuum connected and see what I have at idle. I can also verify that my advance is all in around 2000 rpm's. This should give a good picture of what the SBC distributor is doing in the flathead.

Here is the vacuum port I drilled and tapped.

John if you have not got your car fixed ,I have a aluminum 1" plate spacer similar to NOS plate with vacumn port alreagy in it ,does your engine run spark or port vacumn, I have 3 or 4 of these plates ,I will bring it to you if you need it NO charge, I am waiting on UPS to deliver parts ,so im free tomorrow,