Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 09:12 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Changed things up today, and decided to go inside to interior. The backseat has been in the way, so I pulled it out and did some reworking. Pulled all the staples and hog rings, and got the sawzall out. I cut 4" off the top molded plastic frame, and 1" off each end. Then I cut all the excess foam off both areas and pulled the material back over and cut the excess off. Couldn't get enough off the top to get rid of the shoulder harness opening, but I'll have someone make me a couple tooled leather Chevy bowties, and put one over the hole, and the other over the same spot on the driver's side.
Changed things up today, and decided to go inside to interior. The backseat has been in the way, so I pulled it out and did some reworking. Pulled all the staples and hog rings, and got the sawzall out. I cut 4" off the top molded plastic frame, and 1" off each end. Then I cut all the excess foam off both areas and pulled the material back over and cut the excess off. Couldn't get enough off the top to get rid of the shoulder harness opening, but I'll have someone make me a couple tooled leather Chevy bowties, and put one over the hole, and the other over the same spot on the driver's side.

I'll also build a divider to the trunk area, so when I have them folded down for a cooler, it will close off the trunk from view.

I built four 2" spacer blocks as risers for the back mounting points on the seats to get them more vertical. Just cut them at an angle so they bolt to the frames, but extend back a little to match up with the old seat holes. Then bolted in the front buckets too.

Of course it all will come out again to finish the interior, but need to do this stuff at least twice for mockup.