Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 10:27 AM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Got the Falcon's trunk cleaned, wire wheeled, and painted. Then did a small rust repair on the lower trunk drop. Patched in a 1.5"x8" piece, as it was easier than cleaning and welding in the 8-10 small holes there. Then I traced out some blank off plates on scrap aluminum and cut them out with a jigsaw for my rear wheels.

And got a big surprise when I got up early Sun. morning! Some dirtbag had appraently tried to steal my '69 Suburban! I hit the alarm off button, and no beep. Hit it again, and nothing. Then I noticed the hood open about 8", and when I opened it up the battery pos. cable was off. Seems they tried to get around the alarm, but it goes into full alarm everytime you reconnect the battery, so they gave up and left.
I reconnected and silenced the alarm, then when I got home later I drilled the inner hood brace and added a chain and padlock to keep the dirtbags from getting the hood open next time.

Last edited by 1971BB427; 04-29-2013 at 10:32 AM.