Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 08:13 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427 View Post
Do you mean BBC frame monuts, or motor mounts? The motor mounts on a SBC and BBC siit in the same position, but BBC motor mounts are taller than SBC motor mounts. The frame mounts are different, but not sure in what way.
I could never run tall valve covers on the 427 in my Camaro, as they just wouldn't clear the heater outlets, and the brake booster. I even ran SBC motor mounts to drop it down, and still not enough clearance.
The framr mounts are different BBC and SBC ,but I think he has bbc frame mounts since he used the front ,suspension motor ,trans from the 20 series that came with the 454 ,I have three sets of solid mounts all three are different ,1 set sets engine lower in frame causes oil pan to hit sterring rod,2nd set sits #1 plug in line with front shock bolt 3 rd set moves engine back approx. 2 inches ,which I cant use ,I will try to post photos tomorrow they are at the shop,and its Raining LOL I also have rubber frame mounts off of a early 327 which are shorter in length and have to use a spacer between these and the solid mount ,,have about an inch either direction to slide,i put bolt thru the mount ,drilled out to 7/16 then set where I needed it then drop in shims ,U shaped to slide over bolt snug fit have to tap in last shim ,,they are spacer shims for installing 2 post lift in shop .your engine is looking good ,I am partial to aluminum heads ,D ports Nice,

Last edited by 496CHEVY3100; 05-17-2013 at 08:22 PM.