Since I last posted, I have replaced the rear couch in my pontoon boat with new units form Gander Mountain (Overton). I also built up the 2" tongue on the trailer to fit the 2-1/2" hitch coupler, with 1/8" plate. I used longer pieces under shorter to give it a clean step up look. I also installed a solenoid type battery isolater to connect the trolling motor battery, which is in the front of the boat, with the boat motor battery ,which is in the back of the boat, so as to charge the trolling battery when the main motor is running. The solenoid only takes 1 amp to close. Also had to have both pontoons TIG welded where they had cracked on the top under the rail brakcets. Boat is now ready once again to hit the water.
As for the hot rod: For some reason the fabric on the seat cushion became fragile like a cotton tee shirt that had been soaked in bleach. So I had the seat cusion re-upholstered. Then I lengthened the lower part of the front wishbones so I could get some more positive caster. Also built a new longer arm to connect the drag link to right front spindle to get full use of the 5 turns lock to lock of the '65 Monza steering box.
Amazing how much those two little mods enhanced the driveability of my little T-bucket. The steering feel is so good now, that I feel confident enough to drive around 50 mph curves on the back roads one handed.
Changed the engine oil and filter and greased the front end yesterday. All set for another summer. Allan